8/13/2011

Crafty Minions ... good news and sad


I'm taking a brief sewing break to post about the Crafty Minions show tomorrow. I'm really excited for this show because I feel mostly ready ... and I have a feeling it will be a busy one! Good news.

The sad news is that Aqua Books and Eat! Bistro (my work!) has announced that the doors will be closing this fall.


We are all really sad about this and the media has been streaming through the door since the announcement. Yesterday during our lunch rush there were about 6 or 7 news crews through the restaurant. Only a little distracting when we're still trying to do a lunch! I may have been on the news making flat bread ...

I've been wanting to blog about this for a couple days but I'm having a hard time processing the news. This is a big deal for our little family because we have a very intricately balanced work/homelife/creative schedule and changes don't bode well.  But things always have a way of working themselves out and we are optimistic about the future. My dream would be to just sew all day!

On that note if you are in the area, come down to possibly the last Crafty Minions and support local talent, it means a lot to all of us!

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Ugh. Yuck, sorry to hear that Kami. I hope everything works out for the best for you. I often feel the same way though - that things will generally fall into place. It's a good attitude to have - keeps you from needlessly worrying and helps the good things roll your way by having a positive outlook. <3

marathon1981 said...

Thanks for the positive energy Cassandra (: We also just found out Mike has been officially promoted to supervisor at his work just a couple days after hearing this news! It's not every day work, but it means a boost and that the universe is looking out for us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails