2/24/2011

What she wore ...

I thought it would be fun to do one of these posts because I just couldn't help but laugh when Gwyn got dressed all by herself ...


Here she is wearing a vintage red and blue striped turtleneck, layered with a blue t-shirt (Joe Fresh). Plaid buckle skirt (Gap) with blue polka-dot tights (Joe Fresh), knee high "hockey socks" (handmade) and vintage hightop sneakers (Voit). 


I remember my mother and I having battles about what I was supposed to wear as a kid ... and I don't want to fight this girl's natural sense of fashion, so she can choose whatever she likes ... but I get to photograph it to show her when she's older!

-k

7 comments:

Periwinkle Dzyns said...

love it!
I always let mine wear whatever they wanted as long as it was temperature appropriate.

Cassandra said...

This is adorable. My sister and I have similar pics from when we were little - and I love them. :)

Kudos for your laid-back approach! I read once, regarding child development, that if it's not hurting them, hurting someone else, or hurting their environment (be it the earth or your living room) let them do as they please. It's the best way to learn and find oneself.

PoetessWug said...

Well..She's never gonna be a round peg in a round hole, is she?! :-) YAY for individuality!! ^_^

erinmakesitwork said...

Awesome, this is beyond cute. My little sister was the toddler that wore a million layers that rarely matched, but she was herself. We used to call her Test Pattern Tori. I love the individuality.

marathon1981 said...

yeah she's definitely an individual little person and reminds us each day too!

Just the Goods said...

Omg! Gwyn looks totally stylin'! She looks like she's frontin' a rad all girl guitar band! YAY!!!! Love it =-)

Just the Goods said...

... in other news... here is a form letter your might enjoy =-)

Dear Fellow Etsy Crafter,
A few days ago, Just the Goods was given an award, one beneift of which is an opportunity to pass the award on to 15 other Etsy crafters, each with a blog of their own. It's called the Stylish Blogger Award, and I'm passing it on to you because I think you ROCK!
Please visit my blog to copy your prize (http://justthegoods.wordpress.com), and find out how to pass it forward to crafting bloggers you admire =-)
Thanks for doing what you do!
See you around real soon!
best,
Milena / Just the Goods

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails