1/31/2011

Stylin'!

So a little while ago I was awarded the Stylish Blogger Award by the lovely Cassandra! I was very excited to read about this little award because like her, I started this crafty blog with no idea about blogging or who would find me and read my little rambles ... I am very honored to have been an inspiration so Thankyou Cassandra!



Now The 4 duties to perform upon receiving this award are:
1. Thank, and link back to, the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

7 things about me:

1. I love winter time. Some people in Winnipeg hate it and dread it each year, but I actually love it and I feel like I'm going on a great adventure every time I gear up to go outside.

2. Never broken a bone

3. I probably talk too much but I'm really kinda shy, I am terrible at introducing myself, but I'm ok once I've met someone. 

4. The first stuffed animal I remember sewing was when I was about 7, on my mum's old sewing machine that she got from a garagesale when she was in her 20's ... the same machine I borrowed to start my etsy business until I earned enough to buy my own. I made a teddy bear with no pattern and it was the worst but I wish I still had it.

5. For some reason I have only ever traveled to Common Wealth countries: Ireland, England, Scottland,  Australia. My favorite places were Belfast Northern Ireland, and Tasmania.

6. For breakfast I ate delicious raisin toast with butter and drinking coffee with vanilla soy milk.

7. When I am done University, in a long time from now ... I will be a scientist so I can have a day job that affords me all the crafty supplies I could want! 

15 Recently Discovered Great Bloggers ... some of these aren't necessarily recently discovered, but I think they deserve an award for awesome anyways!


Dizzy Dame 
Periwinkle Dzyns 
Marysza
I Only Like Monsters 
The Wug's Backyard 
Mentalmulch 
Crack the Sky 
Kyla Roma 
Kiddlebug 
Kayla Aimee 
Caitidid Designs 
Mermaid's Closet 
Lune Vintage 
MidKid 
Heather Bays 


Now I am on my way to task #4!


-k

8 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Awwwww! How nice to visit your blog today and find out that a potential Scientist thinks I'm awesome!!! :-) Thank you so much!!! I think you're pretty awesome too. Your award is well deserved!!

marathon1981 said...

Thanks lovely lady! You discovered it before I could tell you! ... well that makes one step easier!!!

Periwinkle Dzyns said...

ahhhh well, I'ld like to thank the academy ... they like me, they really like me!

Veronica said...

Oooh, this just made my day!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

xo
Veronica
http://crackthesky17.blogspot.com

Veronica said...

Yay, you're a rock-nerd too! That's too cool. :) So your degree is in environmental studies... do you have a specific concentration? Mine is Geology, specifically coastal geomorphology. SUPER nerdy! :-D

marysza said...

thank you again for this beauiful gesture! i'm playing along of course, and i have to admit that you are my inspiration, and you were one of the persons who i admire from my first bloggin weeks!

and i'm giving you a different award! just check my blog, the new post

xxxx

marathon1981 said...

Veronica - I don't have a concentration yet ... so far I'm only in 2nd year, but I'm thinking maybe even glaciology (crazy ... I like cold places)

Agnes - thanks for the award I'm super honored!!!

Caiti said...

Thanks so much for the award, Kami! It sure made me smile, and I feel honored to be on your list with some rockin' awesome bloggers :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails