11/05/2010

Family Fridays



This week around our house Gwyn has been spending a lot of time with our cat Mogwai. 


Most of the time these two get along. When we brought Gwyn home from the hospital, Mogwai was curious but not quite sure what this new creature was all about, but as Gwyn grew, they became fast friends. Mike and I find these two together all the time snuggling and hanging out. 


This week Gwyn has turned to pestering Mogwai and earned herself a few scratches on the hand. Most of the time the cat is tolerant of the little beast but sometimes a few too many tugs on the tail and hits on the back deserve a swipe in return. The strange thing is, Gwyn usually thinks this is funny and tries for more scratches! I can't figure that one out.


At one point I came into our room to find Gwyn "helping" with my sewing supplies and was lining buttons up on the cats back. (Here she is wearing part of her 'space girl' halloween costume - the tinfoil covered helmet)


It is just a good things Mogwai is a pretty patient girl!

Have a fabulous weekend!

-k

8 comments:

elisa said...

Visiting from FN... thought I'd say hi. I LOVE the pic with the buttons on the cat. So adorable. Thank goodness for patient pets!

Rylie Renee said...

sooo cute! :)

Rylie Renee said...

ps. im from FN. :)

Dokia said...

Visiting from FN and I had to laugh when I read this story. I had a cat like that when I was a girl too! That cat let me do everything and anything to it, and followed me around every where. I love your blog, and am definitely favoriting your etsy shop!

Peppermint Wink said...

Why wasn't I following your blog before!? I know this is irrelevant but I'm in love with that blanket on the chair. Is that crocheting? Neeeed to learn. >.>

marathon1981 said...

Thanks for the love ladies! Yes the blanket is crochet, a favorite vintage find! I can't crochet that well myself .. yet!

Cara Jess Mason said...

If you're worried about her getting scratched you can always use "soft paws"
My cats been wearing them since she was a kitten and anytime she swats at my nephews they're left with no scratches and the impress that "She gave me high five!"

marathon1981 said...

Cara that's so cute! The trouble would be getting them on her by now, and she's usually pretty good but wouldn't be too impressed! (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails