9/09/2010

Learning

Yesterday was my first day back at university. I was a bit nervous to be back on campus during peak hours. The last few classes I took were evening classes with other 'mature students' and parent types who had a busy schedule. After meeting the prof I am actually fairly excited to be taking GIS (geographic information systems) which I am informed by friends and family who have taken it, is quite boring.

(via)


But being that I enjoy maps and a challenge, I think I will do well. That combined with the fact that all assignments and exams are TAKE HOME which means I have no excuse not to get an A.

I will be waking early and thus heading to bed early to make it on time for the 8:30 - 9:20am class, and then make it to work on time for 9:30, but only on Wednesdays and Firday. Mondays I have off work and will do a lab at 1:30. Then head home to take care of my little girl (who turns 2 this weekend!!) make supper for my beau, find time to craft for the christmas season, and back to bed ...

What a crazy person you might think ... but being busy always means more ideas than I know what to do with, and less time to do them. I've been in a bit of a creative drought lately, staring at my piles of fabric and paint and various supplies and having no idea what to make ... but with the busy comes the inspiration and I am well stocked in notepads to keep track this time around.

And so I am excited about this coming season, the transition to fall, layers, cool weather, warm colours, family gatherings and snow. I really don't mind the stuff.

Hopefully soon I will have some new projects and inspirations to show you!

-k

3 comments:

PeriwinkleDzyns said...

good for you!

Cassandra said...

Here's to your coming onslaught of creative ideas!

Study hard and I'm sure you'll be fine. You seem like a smart cookie. I too am still (again) in school. My last class was a doozy but mostly I enjoy all that exposure to new ideas and people.

Congrats on your baby turning two! What a big girl.

marathon1981 said...

Thanks for the encouraging words ladies!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails