7/19/2010

catmonster monstercat

Yesterday was my 29th birthday. For some reason I've been looking forward to turning 30 for a long time and I've almost made it! Gwyn and I spent the day together cleaning the house and having fun while Mike was doing his last day in the studio, and then we had friends over for a games night. I think the best game was one that got invented on the spot ... Child Challenge Uno. We figured a game without pieces would work with toddlers around, but sometimes it was hard to place a card with the Gwyn and Justice running around in the middle! I won (: It was a great day and I am so grateful for the friends and family around me.

Lately I've been going a little crazy making these cat monster people in my spare time. I invented a pattern that is super simple and fun to use and it turns out a different shape every time ( I use the term "pattern" very loosely!) I came across some more incredible vintage fabrics and the best part is picking out the combinations to make these guys. 
Meet some of the family!

This is Everest Fieldbody. He enjoys studying, drinks that come in small cups ... like espresso, tuna sandwiches and jazz festivals


Meet Gregor Strongham. He had a taste for yam fries and likes to canoe on occasion. He has always taken flack for his very long tail, but has come to accept who he is. 


This is Gretchen Trainstory. She is shy and quiet but quite a good hostess at parties. She like to keep up on politics but is too nervous to vote unless she is fully informed. She likes Ikea.


Here we have Mr. and Mrs. Catmonster. They lead a quiet life but have been known to disco. 


Gwyn enjoys lining all our creatures up on the big chair and snuggling right in



Hope you enjoyed the new friends! I will be back later with a Found It! post.

-k

4 comments:

mentalmulch said...

They are soooo awesome...love them all! The last picture with Gwyn is so cute!
Cheers,
Roxanne

PeriwinkleDzyns said...

Gwyn is always the cutest!

and way to embrace and look forward to 30, it's a great age, you're free from being young but young enough to be free
enjoy!

natasha said...

Gretchen Trainstory is my favourite.

marathon1981 said...

tanx ladies (: G's hair is particularly wild in this shot too hehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails