8/08/2009


I love my apartment. I think it is really great, but one thing I miss is having a garden, my own little space to grow things, especially food things.

Our sun porch gets lots of sun (hence the name) and I have about 40 cacti all around our place, but this year I decided to try a small container garden.
I found some little plants at the organic shop down the road and got myself a camomile plant, a 'spicy globe' basil and a tomato plant.
All three of them have done wonderfully protected from our horrible summer weather and I now have my very first RED tomato hanging happily from the vine.




The basil has already garnished many a mini pizza and the camomile is hanging dry waiting for a nippy day when I need a cup of homemade tea.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails